I've got a 500 gallon propane tank, how do I make it into a grill?

i used a big grill that had grates like this:

gwSeries2.gif

what I found nice about them was they were heavy duty, could hold a lot, and you wouldn't have to make a frame like you do for expanded metal.

Just something to conisder

Two Bears, how do you cut the air flow off with that really tall chimney.

As for smoker or grill, I'm wanting both actually. I want to be able to put coals in the main chamber or in the smoker box, etc. Then again, we might just mount a seperate grill on the side of the trailer for that stuff.

Good advice from all above. Safety first. Propane gas is dangerous. We want ti see pictures of you and the Smoker. Not the (9;00 News. Have fun with your venture.

Two Bears, how do you cut the air flow off with that really tall chimney.

As for smoker or grill, I'm wanting both actually. I want to be able to put coals in the main chamber or in the smoker box, etc. Then again, we might just mount a seperate grill on the side of the trailer for that stuff.

You don't - just adjust the air intake at the fire box.

You don't - just adjust the air intake at the fire box.

Seeing how I like to constantly fidget and tweak stuff, I'd probably go with a lower pipe where I could reach a baffle on top.

BTW, while I'm a BBQ nut and a prolific BBQ blogger, my other alter ego is as an aspiring author. I've written three novels and working on my fourth while I try to get the first one published. It's easier to write a novel than it is to get one published. In the fourth book I have a character named Two Bears. Not sure why I shared. I just thought it was interesting...

FYI. Exhaust from tailpipe is an inert gas if you don't want to buy any CO2 or Argon. Vacuum cleaner hose, duct tape, Go.

Never had any issue doing that but that first cut is always nerveracking.

Back