Italian Stuffed Pork Loin Pron

How bout a honey and balsamic vinegar reduction sauce? Just reduce some balsamic vinegar on low heat till it turns thick then add honey to sweeten it up. You could toss in some cayenne for heat and even some garlic and onion powder. Vinegar goes well with pork and the honey helps take the bite off the vinegar a little bit. This is a full flavored reduction so go easy with it.
Or
How bout an apple jelly/habanero glaze/sauce. Reduce jelly in sauce pan with some white wine then float a halved hab in it. The longer the hab floats, the hotter it gets.

How bout a honey and balsamic vinegar reduction sauce? Just reduce some balsamic vinegar on low heat till it turns thick then add honey to sweeten it up. You could toss in some cayenne for heat and even some garlic and onion powder. Vinegar goes well with pork and the honey helps take the bite off the vinegar a little bit. This is a full flavored reduction so go easy with it.
Or
How bout an apple jelly/habanero glaze/sauce. Reduce jelly in sauce pan with some white wine then float a halved hab in it. The longer the hab floats, the hotter it gets.

I like the balsamic idea. Is this a sauce were I would need to use the expensive balsamic or could I get away with the less expensive grocery store vinegar? I like the other sauce too, but half of the guests are wimps!

Oh hell no, it's just as good with the cheap stuff. You will be concentrating the flavors anyway when you reduce it. I usually use a bottle or two bottle of the Wally World brand and that's plenty. You know the jelly one will cost all of a couple bucks to make if you sub the wine with a little beer, apple juice, or even water. Why not make 'em both?

Oh hell no, it's just as good with the cheap stuff. You will be concentrating the flavors anyway when you reduce it. I usually use a bottle or two bottle of the Wally World brand and that's plenty. You know the jelly one will cost all of a couple bucks to make if you sub the wine with a little beer, apple juice, or even water. Why not make 'em both?

Thanks Bob, I may end up making both. If I could tear away a bottle of white wine from my wife I'm sure it would taste better than the other liquids. Thanks for the ideas!

It will taste better with the wine. If she's willing to share, all you would need is about 1/3 of a cup to one jar of jelly. It's there for flavor and to keep the jelly from burning or sticking to the pan.
Hope you like them.

I did something similar a few weeks ago, with persillade (fancy term for fresh garlic and parsley), breadcrumbs, bacon and Cabot aged white cheddar. I took it a little higher than I usually would which was 150* when I removed it. The garlic was still very raw even at this temp. I saw that your onions still looked very raw to. How do they taste.

I wound up cutting up and my leftovers and refrying them a bit and making a marsala and chicken broth sauce for pasta. Which was much better than the first time around.

A little tip here. I took the piece of fat off the top of the roast and replaced it over the seam of the roll when I tied it off. Then after the meat was cooked I removed it and the next day I diced it and make cracklings which I sprinkled on the pasta. The cracklings were the highlight of the meals.

what temp did you cook at and for how long I will be doing one of these for Christmas any help you can provide would be fantastic thank you and that roast looks awesome tried to take a bite of my screen

Thanks guys!

It's funny how threads get resurrected around here!:lol:

I cooked it between 225 and 250 with pecan and oak.

Took it to an internal of 145 and rested under foil for 30-45 minutes.

I didn't think the onions were crunchy. They look like that in the picture but they weren't.

I think the balsamic and honey reduction sounds REALLY good!:-D

I'm going out to the freezer to fetch the last 4 slices of it for supper tonight!!:-D

I think I'm gonna try the balsamic and honey reduction too.

Not to resurrect this thread again...but this is awesome. I made some yesterday and it was a huge hit. I used an Italian basil pesto since I couldn't find fresh basil and it was fantastic. This is probably one of the best recipies I have gotten from this site!!...and there are some good ones here.

Thanks ZBQ

Back