THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was a plastic thermometer that came w/ the roast. After unwrapping and prepping for the grill I gave it a little tug to remove and was met with quite a bit resistance. So instead of risking tearing the meat trying to get it out, I figured I would just leave it alone and remove the next day after a cool down. I was using my Maverick anyway because I knew that roast would be a piece of leather if I was judging doneness by that little red POS.

That looks great.I always make mine in a crock pot.Im gonna have to try on the smoker

Looks great. Italian beef is my favorite. I've made mine the Meathead way - he's a Chicagoan btw - and have been very pleased with the results. Check out the recipe at amazingribs.com. Maybe I gotta try it in the smoker.

Congrats on the good eats.

Back