It is embarrassing, but I was giddy

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
Just like a kid who saw his favorite animal at the zoo for the first time. And it wasnt even a big deal. Driving back to sis-in-laws house in North Texas from Galveston and along 45 I read a building that said grills and pits...then I saw the name: https://lonestargrillz.com/. I got extremely excited and became the little kid for a minute or two. Since we were on a mission, with 5 kids who were being obnoxious, I did not stop to try and see anything. Just gave me a quick rush of excitement. I am boring...

I had the same reaction when I got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic going to Houston last summer. Noted the exit number (98) on I-45. Always wanted to kick some tires but never had the time to stop.

Shoulda stopped, made the kids wait in the car, and took a break from the obnoxious fish.

Of course, if their Mother was along, that was probably a NO brainer. :tsk:

then I saw the name: https://lonestargrillz.com/. I got extremely excited and became the little kid for a minute or two. Since we were on a mission, with 5 kids who were being obnoxious, I did not stop to try and see anything. Just gave me a quick rush of excitement. I am boring...

KICK THE KIDS OUT! Load on the smoker, and
SEE WHO FITS to go back home! Might leave one behind.
Got a roof rack?

I had a similar reaction driving past the Lodge cast iron factory. The kids survived and I was better for the stop.

I had a similar reaction driving past the Lodge cast iron factory. The kids survived and I was better for the stop.

I stumbled across that taking my son to school last year. Probably good thing it was really early in the morning and they weren’t open

I stumbled across that taking my son to school last year. Probably good thing it was really early in the morning and they weren’t open
You think they would frown upon jumping the fence and looking around?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got sucked in on a trip down to Houston during Christmas Break last December. Things of note:

- Chris is a GREAT guy and equally good with children as adults. My 10 and 12 year old boys got to see the whole operation and stomp up and down on stacked sheets of steel.

- Toy Factory - He has a showroom with most of his toys on display including modifications you never thought of.

- These toys are LARGE!!! I wonder how many people buy a large IVS online and go into shock when it's delivered and they realize how big it is? Same thing with anything mounted to an off-road package. Kind of like driving a monster truck.

Great way to spend 45 minutes and talk to some terrific people.

Chris and his shop is only 40 minutes down the road for me. I love going there. Both Chris and his wife, Amber, are super to meet and talk to. The shop is amazing and Chris will show you the ropes, etc if you stop by.

Great people and great smokers.

Back