I finally found a Tri-Tip! Kinda...

I might have to go out there too Gary. Nice web site, but note they seem to be out of Tri-tip right now.

Number One... If you try at Costco, make sure you ring the bell and have a chat with a butcher. It's been quite a few years since they displayed the full tri-tip in the beef section. What they do is cut up the Tri-tip and label it as "tri-tip steaks" which in my opinion is sacrilegious at the very least or worth a jail sentence. I do not know why they do this, but it is their policy because I asked them. So make sure you righ the bell and ask for the full tritip at case price for a pack of 4. Then you get it much cheaper and it comes in a Teys cryovac pack much like perhaps you just got... but at $13.00 a kilo it's probably a lot less than what you paid at your butcher.

Cheers!

Bill

I might have to go out there too Gary. Nice web site, but note they seem to be out of Tri-tip right now.

Number One... If you try at Costco, make sure you ring the bell and have a chat with a butcher. It's been quite a few years since they displayed the full tri-tip in the beef section. What they do is cut up the Tri-tip and label it as "tri-tip steaks" which in my opinion is sacrilegious at the very least or worth a jail sentence. I do not know why they do this, but it is their policy because I asked them. So make sure you righ the bell and ask for the full tritip at case price for a pack of 4. Then you get it much cheaper and it comes in a Teys cryovac pack much like perhaps you just got... but at $13.00 a kilo it's probably a lot less than what you paid at your butcher.

Cheers!

Bill

Cape grim shorties are cheaper than Costco by a few dollars.cheaper than riches as well.
I had forgotten about them, consider I drove thru tooradin daily for over ten years

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks Bill, I’ll head over to Costco this weekend. I did cook up the smaller of the pieces I got tonight and it came out pretty well, but wasn’t a pure Tri-Tip.

By the way, it’s No One, I’m not that cocky that I would label myself #1 on a community board :razz:

Those Costco tri-tips are probably my favourite tri-tip of all. I’ve tried Wagyu MB6 but find it too fatty so never buy more than MB3, I and am always happy with the flavour of the meat from Costco.

Kelly’s do a huge delivery service from Tooradin to miles away. If you’re on Facebook join the group Victorian BBQ Alliance https://www.facebook.com/groups/611489382357652/?ref=share and talk to Luke Nagel about your meat needs.

Back