THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know you said you had a BGE intake, but on one that size I think I would go with a full 2" for plenty of intake and control of that size drum, kinda like this setup. I may even do 2 2" intakes for doing high heat cooks. I think these exhausts are similar size to yours also, just to show their placement. Looking forward to seeing your build!!

A BGE intake will give you more than a 2" diameter hole- if you want. I like the BGE intakes for so many reasons but the main one is that on long burns I can use it as access to my coal basket and give it a shake if I think I'm getting a bridge in the fire- without taking my lid off. Another is if you have a Guru or stoker you can easily move it between peices of equipment that all have the same intake.
I'm trying to find a picture but one of my neighbors has a big barrel and has a 3" exhaust with a BGE style(we make our own) intake and it works perfect. You do have to crank up the heat if the barrel is out in the rain or snow but it is a big boy compared to the little 55 gallon drums. He also finds that he needs a little more wood in with his lump than the rest of us do with our UDS.

I'd go with the two intakes and if you find they are too much you could put a reducer in. I love the look of those stacks and have been watching for some for my builds.

Good luck with your build.

I'm to thinking of going to the BGE intake system on my UDS, what made you decide on that for your land yacht?

My ideas,
Simpler
No hangy out parts
looks cleaner

I'm to thinking of going to the BGE intake system on my UDS, what made you decide on that for your land yacht?

My ideas,
Simpler
No hangy out parts
looks cleaner

I just figured it would be easier. Plus my son gave me a gift card for the store that sells BGE's. They don't really have much there, so I had to use it on something.

Back