THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The design looks pretty good except for the poor thermo placement. With any rotisserie, it's all about the mechanics which you can't tell from a photo. I'd check out the mechanical design, operation and maintenance access for the moving parts very carefully before I plunked down my cash.

I built my roto 1 1/2 years ago and wouldn't part with it. It is a SY clone, has 12 shelves and cooks like a dream. 4 grand for a roto with a few hours on it, go for it.
100_1106.jpg

stick a pork butt or two still in the package and see if the shelf's tip on their way around. I had to redesign mine for pork butts at a great expense then once I got it right and left Connecticut, I forgot everything.

Hey Nate,

Somewhere I have the name of a pit builder from Sikeston that just started up on his own building rotisseries ( he has been building them for another mfg in the Sikeston area for years ) and I am quite sure they where under $3K.
Call me if interested
Ron

Back