Is Barbecue Even Your Favorite Food??

Nope, but it's my favorite to cook because it's laid back and enjoy drinking a few adult beverages along the way.

For me it's kale and tofu. But BBQ is a close second.

1532265638_18153576035b5484a60c1003.57559842_sarcasm_meter.gif

It depends on the time of year for me. Once we are into competition season BBQ is probably the last thing I want to eat :-D Midwinter is different.

Overall, however, any Asian cuisine would be my favorite.

Since there is a difference between Grilling and Barbecueing, it is hard to say. Much of what I love is grilled. I think my all time favorite is fajitas with grilled veggies. So yeah, it involved my Weber for sure! Smoked / slow cooked barbecue is a pretty close second...

Last night, I had slow smoked, indirect, leftover spareribs. Sauced, for a change. Tonight, I'm having smoked chicken thighs, on a tortilla heated in a CI pan on the stove, with freshly chopped vegetables inside. My wife wants more spareribs tomorrow, which is fine with me.
Friday, maybe a big salad. I'm complex.:p

Seafood anything is by far my favorite. That said, I love variety, and Q is near and dear to my heart!

This right here. Have lived hundreds of miles from the ocean my entire life so there is something magical about coastal vacations and the chance to eat fresh seafood. My favorite was taking our fresh catch to a local restaurant and them cooking it different ways.

BBQ was my favorite before I started competing 10yrs ago. It quickly went down the list but now that I’m at the end of my competing life and focusing on Eatin Q, it is rising back up and will likely be #1 again soon.

Food is my favorite. I love all kinds, BBQ is on the list, I make a lot of Pizza, Kung Pao Chicken, Pastas, Mexican food and almost everything has Chile as an ingredient. I like it all!

Very interesting thread. One of the things I loved about the BBQ brethren when I first discovered it was all the great looking food that everyone posted, not just BBQ. Cooking of any kind has always been therapy for me. My wife is an excellent cook but hates doing it. I love doing it and enjoy eating all kinds of food done well.

I love BBQ, always have. But my favorite individual food is fried chicken. It seems that we have a lot of great pit masters here making great Q, but any good cook can make great fried chicken. So there's more of that than BBQ. Also my favorite meal is a good southern breakfast. Based on the number of meals, I eat breakfast every morning and a few meals a week at supper.

So, that speaking, I guess my favorite category is breakfast. My favorite food is fried chicken. And my favorite speciality is BBQ. I hope any of this makes sense.

I love BBQ, always have. But my favorite individual food is fried chicken. It seems that we have a lot of great pit masters here making great Q, but any good cook can make great fried chicken. So there's more of that than BBQ. Also my favorite meal is a good southern breakfast. Based on the number of meals, I eat breakfast every morning and a few meals a week at supper.

So, that speaking, I guess my favorite category is breakfast. My favorite food is fried chicken. And my favorite speciality is BBQ. I hope any of this makes sense.
Search for "kettle fried chicken",

I like food. BBQ is at the top and close to, but not favorite. I could eat Pizza every day (when I was a teenager, I tried). I could eat fish and seafood everyday. BBQ, every other day.

I just love food of all types but grilled and smoked are upper part of my list.
I live in Florida but can not eat seafood anymore (wife is deathly allergic to ANY) Do sneak away sometimes but have to clean up so as not to create reaction when we kiss; that would be my absolute favorite.
Yes her allergy is that bad, we can not drive in a Red Lobster parking lot or she will puff up like the Pilsbury dough boy.

Any thing off the grill or smoker,love big breakfasts any time of the day and often,diabetic now so backed off on a lot of stuff,hit200lbs today,first time in 25 years,a high of 250 ,stuck at 220 for long time dropped 20 in the last 3 months

I love to cook. The entire experience factors in, so I think it's really anything open fire. Overnight smokes wear me down, but an open fire for half the day and I'm good.

Back