THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

Baggerhog

I am a noon by my standards I have only been smoking for two years. I have a large custom built offset smoker. I have smoked a turkey earlier this year and I am in the process of smoking one now. I purchased the ique110 to use on my uds I am building but decided to install on my offset just to give it a try. So far so good. It is not designed for a pit this big but I wanted to experiment a little. I am smoking a 17lb bird stuffed with red delicious apples, granny smith, and sweet onion all quartered. I used my own rub and I am smoking with white oak. I will post pics if I can figure it out.

CameraZOOM-20111124111250521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get a whole hog on it. It has two doors. The one you see is to mop or check meat but I can open it up so its half open. I have cooked picnic cuts, pork butts, turkey, chicken, ribs, and of course I cook my corn and taters in it. It has a draw that I put corn in the husk it. It is the best roasted corn I have had.

Nice looking rig :thumb: Do you know what the exhaust is made out of? I have seen these before on UDS's or other pits and would like to find one.

I purchased it at a local hardware store. It is made for a wood stove. It works great as a rain shield.

That's some serious hardware you've got there. Congrats! Will you be sharing some pron with us so we can see how it cooks? Yummy, I'll bet! :wink:

That's the bird. The skin was a little darker than I would have liked but the turkey was amazing.

Back