THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah I wasn't too keen on the look of pipes sticking out at the bottom so I made a sliding intake using some ideas from different people on this site. It's made out of aluminum flashing and pop rivets. The plan is to eventually replace it with a nice BGE sliding intake.

I'm hoping all goes well and the wifey enjoys the food so I can justify making another one....either Patriots or Clemson. I really enjoyed the masking and painting part of building this one!

Cool I made slide vents from aluminum flashing as well :p

So the first meal was 2 racks of ribs. They came out pretty good. I had a couple temperature spikes so I just need to get to know te smoker and then vent door. The wife and kids loved them so thats all that matters. Next weekend I'll try my hand at a boston butt. Here are some more pics....

Attachments

I would say that your first cook was a success those ribs looks great. It won't take but a couple of times to figure out the temp control. Just open it up and let it cook. Good job.

Nice looking drum, nice looking ribs and a happy family. What more could one ask for .... Besides the ok to build another! :wink:

Congrats on job well done.

Great looking drum! Think you need to send it my way, it matches my koozie. :becky:

004-8-4-1.jpg

Wow. That looks great! Is the art work painted, or is that a decal? If it's a decal, where did you get it from? Just wondering as I am getting ready assemble one and want to place our logo upon it.

very nice, im in the planning stages of building one. Nice paint. Being from N.E. i say paint the next one with patriots in mind :-D

Back