Introducing.....my first UDS....and first smoker at all!

Yeah I wasn't too keen on the look of pipes sticking out at the bottom so I made a sliding intake using some ideas from different people on this site. It's made out of aluminum flashing and pop rivets. The plan is to eventually replace it with a nice BGE sliding intake.

I'm hoping all goes well and the wifey enjoys the food so I can justify making another one....either Patriots or Clemson. I really enjoyed the masking and painting part of building this one!

Cool I made slide vents from aluminum flashing as well :p

So the first meal was 2 racks of ribs. They came out pretty good. I had a couple temperature spikes so I just need to get to know te smoker and then vent door. The wife and kids loved them so thats all that matters. Next weekend I'll try my hand at a boston butt. Here are some more pics....

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 81
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 80
No need to spend money on a BGE slider, you got what it is. Now go buy some meat with the money saved.

Paul B
SS UDS

I would say that your first cook was a success those ribs looks great. It won't take but a couple of times to figure out the temp control. Just open it up and let it cook. Good job.

Nice looking drum, nice looking ribs and a happy family. What more could one ask for .... Besides the ok to build another! :wink:

Congrats on job well done.

Great looking drum! Think you need to send it my way, it matches my koozie. :becky:

004-8-4-1.jpg

Wow. That looks great! Is the art work painted, or is that a decal? If it's a decal, where did you get it from? Just wondering as I am getting ready assemble one and want to place our logo upon it.

very nice, im in the planning stages of building one. Nice paint. Being from N.E. i say paint the next one with patriots in mind :-D

Back