THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did it again!

We did these a couple weeks ago and they were outstanding. My 90 YO mom is staying with us for a couple weeks and I remembered crab cakes is one of her favorites, so . . .

Pretty much Deepsouth's prescription but I had 2 pounds of fresh picked jumbo blue crab, added a little tobasco and green onions to his blend, made 6 @ 1/3 pound patties, dusted them with House Autrey after they had setup for a 1/2 hour in the freezer then pan fried in a CI with clarified butter.
DAYUM! Iffin y'all like crab cakes you gotta try these!

Edit: Oh yea, mom said they were the best so I'm double happy.

We did these a couple weeks ago and they were outstanding. My 90 YO mom is staying with us for a couple weeks and I remembered crab cakes is one of her favorites, so . . .

Pretty much Deepsouth's prescription but I had 2 pounds of fresh picked jumbo blue crab, added a little tobasco and green onions to his blend, made 6 @ 1/3 pound patties, dusted them with House Autrey after they had setup for a 1/2 hour in the freezer then pan fried in a CI with clarified butter.
DAYUM! Iffin y'all like crab cakes you gotta try these!

Edit: Oh yea, mom said they were the best so I'm double happy.

Those sound like great additions to the mix. I'm glad you guys dig them.

God those look good. I was eyeing a couple $20 cans at Restaurant Depot, but decided against it. Now I wish I would have pulled the trigger...

We made some more of these tonight, probably our 3rd try - OUTSTANDING!
Our seafood shop does a bogo about once a month so buy a pound, get a pound, made 6 giant crab cakes w/2 pounds and pan fried in clarified butter. Really good eats!

Back