THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HarpAggie2001

Found some matches.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, so this may be a topic already, but I didn't have any luck with the search feature.

I'm considering opening a BBQ restaurant in the Houston area. I've got plenty of experience smoking on a standard offset pit. But I'm thinking of having an indoor fire pit for warming and MAINLY for show. Something along the lines of what's depicted here:

http://musingsnotesquotes.blogspot.com/2009/11/salt-lick-bbq.html

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this type setup particularly the following questions:
1) Are they legal in new construction?
2) How would I size the vent hood to suck the smoke out?

Any feedback is appreciated. I've tried contacting the city permitting office but they were no help -- Surprise, surprise!

Thanks in advance

Yes they are legal in new construction. It depends on the size of the fire pit. Man that would be awesome with a copper hood. Who ever builds it or you buy it from will be able to size the hood for you. You probably will have to have a suppression system as well.

Back