THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't keep score but I did reach down and grab the handles of my mini Smoky Joe Tamale Pot smoker last fall with no gloves on and burnt the Fark out of myself. Must have been the beer. :doh:

OH darn, OUCH! Guess I am happy I got the Vasconia (it has plastic over the handles). I would of surely burnt myself like that if I didn't.

I am a baker. I was pulling cheesecake out of the oven. The 18x24 sheet pan had about an inch and a half of water for a water bath. I lost control of the pan and dumped the water on my right sneaker. At first no pain,then the water soaked in and I could not get my shoe off fast enough. Had blisters on foot. Had to work in a sock for a week. Not fun standing 10 to 12 hours a day in a sock.

Dang, ouch that sucks.

Well fired up the new Pitmaker insulated fb cooker last week to season it. Held 300 for about 3 hours stepped it up to 350 just to see how she drove.... Then said something along the lines of "look honey, this insulated firebox works great!". As I promptly burned the heck out of my palm on the fire box door. Insulated does not mean heat proof!

Back