THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have both, an FEC100 and my Fatgirl. I really like them both but the FEC is much less work both to operate and clean up after use. If you are going to be using it often, I would go with the FEC, if its not something that is going to be used with a lot of regularity, go with the Backwoods..

I have both, an FEC100 and my Fatgirl. I really like them both but the FEC is much less work both to operate and clean up after use. If you are going to be using it often, I would go with the FEC, if its not something that is going to be used with a lot of regularity, go with the Backwoods..

He brings up one of the things I love most about the FEC. The FEC allows me to practice much more than what was possible when I cooked on Eggs.

We use and win with both, you can't go wrong here. The FEC is easier to clean, and you won't have to refuel it. The Backwoods is a nice moist cook for smaller meats.

Things that could go wrong: the FEC can sometimes have the fire go out if it isnt vented correctly, and the Backwoods can run too hot (even with a full water pan) if too much charcoal gets lit. Pick your poison. I think a fire out is an easier recovery than a hot fire.

The Backwoods is a great cooker. You can't go wrong with a Backwoods. We used a Competitor for several years and did well with it. If you are considering a Backwoods I would strongly recommend you also take a look at the Pitmaker Vault and Safe smokers. Pitmaker.com

Garry

Back