I'm at a crossroads and need your advice (FEC vs Backwoods)

I have both, an FEC100 and my Fatgirl. I really like them both but the FEC is much less work both to operate and clean up after use. If you are going to be using it often, I would go with the FEC, if its not something that is going to be used with a lot of regularity, go with the Backwoods..

I have both, an FEC100 and my Fatgirl. I really like them both but the FEC is much less work both to operate and clean up after use. If you are going to be using it often, I would go with the FEC, if its not something that is going to be used with a lot of regularity, go with the Backwoods..

He brings up one of the things I love most about the FEC. The FEC allows me to practice much more than what was possible when I cooked on Eggs.

We use and win with both, you can't go wrong here. The FEC is easier to clean, and you won't have to refuel it. The Backwoods is a nice moist cook for smaller meats.

Things that could go wrong: the FEC can sometimes have the fire go out if it isnt vented correctly, and the Backwoods can run too hot (even with a full water pan) if too much charcoal gets lit. Pick your poison. I think a fire out is an easier recovery than a hot fire.

The Backwoods is a great cooker. You can't go wrong with a Backwoods. We used a Competitor for several years and did well with it. If you are considering a Backwoods I would strongly recommend you also take a look at the Pitmaker Vault and Safe smokers. Pitmaker.com

Garry

Back