iGrill

I've had one for over a year and when it worked it was great, but that was only about 20% of the time. The range once you go into the house was not very good. That is with the unit being less than 15' away from a patio door and windows. It would always disconnect for no reason then peep until you hit the button on the unit. Would disconnect bluetooth from iphone even though iphone would say still connected. Had a probe go bad after two cooks. Also burns battery power pretty quick.

iGrill did do some updates to improve the connectivity, but still had issues. In the last cook, it finally completely died. Temp shoes like 300 degrees at room temp. Tried all kinds of different probes,but still will not work.

I got it when the price was $100. Might be worth it to be $40 less, but don't be surprised when it has issues. I got a Maverick remote thermo a few weeks after the iGrill. Haven't had a problem with the Maverick yet.

Mine when I first got it like a year ago and a couple IOS upgrades ago was really a PITA to get connected via bluetooth, but with several IOS upgrades and maybe IGrill ap upgrades it connects a lot nicer now.

One thing I did learn about the higher power bluetooth connections is they may NOT connect well if the two devices are close together (like 3' apart), seems counter intuitive but the makers of some other devices say a bit more separation is better.

.... you lifted your lid. lol
It was actually the first time I did anything high heat more than a few hours on the WSM without using an ATC and the first time wrapping the WSM in a welding blanket for insulation. I let the temp get down close to 300 after a few hours and i decided to keep temperatures up over 300 for the rest of the cook without trying to mess with the vents too much. I was surprised this got done in about 8 hours and I didn't hit the stall. I think the next time I will shoot for 290 and see how the pulled pork turns out. Running my UDS and igrill at work gave me confidence to not obsess over temperatures and stretch out over a longer cook.

Got one right when it came out. Works great. The upgrades have really made it more user friendly. I never had a maverick 732 but I am thinking about getting another igrill.

Back