THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So maybe two racks and then "hangers" on top. Ok another question from the Village Idiot. What and how would I "hang"? Sausages?

very cool. what did you use for the motor? I am thinking of a three rack system with maybe the middle or top rack to be interchanged for the roto. you think that would be possible?

Help yeah that's possible!
If you look at the first pic you can see angle iron on the inside.There is two grates that span the full length.You can use all grates or one and spit or just spit.I originally had gear reducer and pulleys but wanted to rent it out and figured easy and simple.The selection of motors was baffling.So I went to the local rental place and looked at their unit and got the same one from Grainger.It was over $400 but worth it for the simplicity.I saw one on here where they cut out the side and put multiple shelves.If I was going to build this again I would cut the lid differently.

yep see what your saying now. That motor is a little outa my price that I was wanting to do this for. Any other options? We are just doing it for us cause we can, some competitions, maybe down the road some small time vending to "pay" for our hobby. Def think I'm still leaning towards vertical and being able to put a roto in the top with couple racks. mainly would just do whole chickens on the roto I would think. Also bout what size firebox would I be looking at?

yep see what your saying now. That motor is a little outa my price that I was wanting to do this for. Any other options? We are just doing it for us cause we can, some competitions, maybe down the road some small time vending to "pay" for our hobby. Def think I'm still leaning towards vertical and being able to put a roto in the top with couple racks. mainly would just do whole chickens on the roto I would think. Also bout what size firebox would I be looking at?

It's either rotis with coals underneath or grate with firebox.Notice mine has no firebox.With offset firebox you don't need rotis.Also the charcoal pan on mine is adjustable with the chains.

So your saying if I did a fire box there would be no difference in if I just put whole chickens on the rack compared to a roto. Hmmmm. Now I'm in a pickle. Now I'm thinking maybe a second smaller one maybe a 55 drum horizontal for a spit roto?

Back