I think I've found it... No More rubbery Skin??

Alright soma ya'lls a little bit of retarded... :icon_smil
I didn't say what the process or ingredient was, to quote myself: "I know that there are others out there that have discovered the trick so I am going to post a few pics to prove that the skin on my thighs is literally "bite tender" and I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on what I did to make it so...

The link that was in there came from Infernooo's post, not me, he was giving ideas on how to make crispy skin.

The thighs look awesome!! It took me 3 reads to find the ingredients/process, though. Guess I got distracted...

Gezzz, people really go through THAT much trouble to fake out a judge at competition? You can unskin a thigh, but you can't cut a slice of brisket down to size? Now I know why I don't compete.

Great looking grub though!

Competition is only as difficult as you want it to be, I have very limited experience buy I prefer to give the judges an authentic piece of meat, not one that's been broken down and glued back together

So whats the "process" and "ingredient"?

Well I guess I have to tell you since it looks like I'll be having your mutant child...

They look great, just wondering about cooking to 155? I guess the proof is with the taster.

I feel that most of the time people over cook their meat out of boogey-man fears, especially chicken. I think that as long as you keep the thigh @ a 155 - 160 temp for long enough then the cooking is done. Bring it up slowly and keep it there.

By the time I let them rest for 10 min or so they usually come up a bit higher anyways.
I think you can see from the pics that there's no raw chicken going on there

Thanks for the nice comments all!

Any guesses on what I did?? You can PM me if you don't want your secrets let out to every one... :tongue:

Nice looking bites marks on those chickens. Since I don't do chicken low and slow, I can't imagine the process.

Nice looking bites marks on those chickens. Since I don't do chicken low and slow, I can't imagine the process.

Geez Bob, ur no fun!

Look who's talking...:rolleyes:

You're just jealous that I get sooo many coloring books! Yay Me!!!

What is ACV? Also what is the process

ACV=Apple Cider Vineager. Please do yourself a favor, don't buy fake ACV... Look for one at your local granola muncher store like Braggs that is unfiltered and unpastureized, the flavor is far better than that cheap jug of brown "juice" sitting on your grociers shelf!

okay, I have the chicken massaged with sake by Japanese Geisha, then coated in oil, the chicken is then allowed to rest in a climate controoled butter bath and slowly smoked to perfection

Yes, I'm insanely jealous of your chicken boiled in butter! :p

Get it straight! It's margarine, not butter!! :icon_pissed

okay, I have the chicken massaged with sake by Japanese Geisha, then coated in oil, the chicken is then allowed to rest in a climate controled butter bath and slowly smoked to perfection

You had me at geisha...

to a nice slow braise?

That's it, thighs braised in butter. My mother trained under a classically trained chef and she served this at home often for practice.(circa 1972, this is not a new thing). I've got a big duh on my face about now. Landarc, you just amaze me sometimes.

Back