THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
I picked up a couple of nice chucks a while back, and I think I'll toss on on the WSM tomorrow.

When it comes to knowing when they are done, is it the same as brisket -- probe tender is done?

CD

YUP

Mine always temp out higher than brisket to get the feel right.
Can be stubborn critters for their size.

Great Eats

TIM

+1 on stubborn little bastages. Foil and some beef broth can help with this as usual if you want to speed it up a bit.

Yup, probe tender if you want pulled, and they are farking stubborn. I'm not normally a foiler, but my chuckies seem to dry out if I don't. I farked one up a while back, pulled it a little too soon - it was slicing temp, and I think I actually liked it better than pulled. It was farking awesome actually. Here's my post about it.

Heh, I just realized this was posted in the TD forum. I was wondering why there were only a few responses. :doh:

Heh, I just realized this was posted in the TD forum. I was wondering why there were only a few responses. :doh:

I'm starting to see a pattern here, between this and him getting relationship colonel and relationship Mongo mixed up I wouldn't be surprised if he started making PB posts in the fantasy football thread. :caked:

5218200611_df2d64be63.jpg

Thanks Al, I'm still out of brain bleach (the brand I buy is made by the same people that made Twinkies) but maybe I can borrow Gores grater when he's done. :mrgreen:

Back