I see a Shirley in my future!

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Spent some time over the past 5-6 days messaging back n forth with Paul...got a build idea...got chastised by Smitty for not going with cabinet doors...got the wife's blessing...got my order submitted for a late 2018 build!!! :clap2:

Needed to stay small due to limited space to store it inside...here is what I have so far:

24x50
Traditional cabinet doors (you can sleep at night now Smitty :heh: )
Modified trailer w/ removable tongue
Warmer with 3rd grate
Both dampers
Shelf in front of cooker ( debating ug to SS)

Also debating a baffle block, probe inserts (will more than likely get 3 of them) and a remote grease drain (which doesn't seem necessary on the mod trailer).

Opted out of the wood basket since it will be pretty small on the mod trailer...can pack wood in the firebox and warmer and haul the rest on the truck.

Question...can anyone give me an idea of the approximate height to the top of the stacks? I am thinking I may need a removable stack...

Can't wait til the time come to both pick her up and to meet the fine folks at SF!

I Wonder....with the Shirley Lead Time up to 18 months....can you bribe a guy higher on the list to trade spots with Ya......:loco:

24x50
Traditional cabinet doors (you can sleep at night now Smitty :heh: )
Modified trailer w/ removable tongue
Warmer with 3rd grate
Both dampers
Shelf in front of cooker ( debating ug to SS)

Also debating a baffle block, probe inserts (will more than likely get 3 of them) and a remote grease drain (which doesn't seem necessary on the mod trailer).

Also debating an ash pan for the firebox.

Not trying to open a can of worms or anything like that, but with an 18 month lead time, I'm wondering what kind of new things Paul and Tyler might come up with in the interim that you might want to add when the time comes for the build to actually start. Budget accordingly. :p:razz::razz:

Not trying to open a can of worms or anything like that, but with an 18 month lead time, I'm wondering what kind of new things Paul and Tyler might come up with in the interim that you might want to add when the time comes for the build to actually start. Budget accordingly. :p:razz::razz:

My budget is about as limited as my available garage space. :heh:

Congrats. If you have a standard height garage door you won't need removable stacks. I have a 30x80 elevated and the stacks clear with no issue.

Congrats! My stack is 77.5 inches. They'll make it fit if you have a non-standard height. If you don't want an ss table go with flat steel. Expanded is a pita to clean. You can build an ash pan pretty easily out of an aluminum sheet from HD.

Congrats on pulling the trigger. No way, currently, do I need anything that large, so I will enjoy proxy ownership thru you guys and your pics.

I have the SS shelves on my smoker and I end up having to cover them. They have an amazing ability to reflect the sun right into my eyes no matter where I'm standing.

Back