THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
As detailed in another post, I received a Hunsaker griddle plate for Christmas. Tonight was my second run at smash burgers on it and I am hooked. Something about that caramelization just works.

ibkIuJQl.jpg

6mmIfFel.jpg

fjFLpc8l.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Looking good. I like both a thin smash burger and a thick regular grilled burger, so I make them about 50 percent of the time each. Each has merits, but love the sear of the smash burger.

I hear ya Matt and yours are looking fantastic. I played around with some half pounders too. Which is nice, you get the hard caramelization and a thick juicy patty.

That looks good. Throw some onions on there and grill them then smash the burger on top. Whole new level of delicious.

I never understood a pan/griddle fried burger. I hated cooking them, they weren't that different. They just seemed to be substandard. For some reason cooking them outside on the Blackstone is an entirely different experience. They're fantastic. I suspect the non-stick surfaces took away from the final product.

Looking good. I like both a thin smash burger and a thick regular grilled burger, so I make them about 50 percent of the time each. Each has merits, but love the sear of the smash burger.
Same. Smash is great but so is a nice thick burger with a bit of a crust and pink in the middle.

I never understood a pan/griddle fried burger. I hated cooking them, they weren't that different. They just seemed to be substandard. For some reason cooking them outside on the Blackstone is an entirely different experience. They're fantastic. I suspect the non-stick surfaces took away from the final product.
For sure. I tried on non stick as well and it's not even the same. A nice cast iron pan works well indoors. And some salt, pepper, garlic and msg makes it magic.

Back