THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might have to go out there too Gary. Nice web site, but note they seem to be out of Tri-tip right now.

Number One... If you try at Costco, make sure you ring the bell and have a chat with a butcher. It's been quite a few years since they displayed the full tri-tip in the beef section. What they do is cut up the Tri-tip and label it as "tri-tip steaks" which in my opinion is sacrilegious at the very least or worth a jail sentence. I do not know why they do this, but it is their policy because I asked them. So make sure you righ the bell and ask for the full tritip at case price for a pack of 4. Then you get it much cheaper and it comes in a Teys cryovac pack much like perhaps you just got... but at $13.00 a kilo it's probably a lot less than what you paid at your butcher.

Cheers!

Bill

I might have to go out there too Gary. Nice web site, but note they seem to be out of Tri-tip right now.

Number One... If you try at Costco, make sure you ring the bell and have a chat with a butcher. It's been quite a few years since they displayed the full tri-tip in the beef section. What they do is cut up the Tri-tip and label it as "tri-tip steaks" which in my opinion is sacrilegious at the very least or worth a jail sentence. I do not know why they do this, but it is their policy because I asked them. So make sure you righ the bell and ask for the full tritip at case price for a pack of 4. Then you get it much cheaper and it comes in a Teys cryovac pack much like perhaps you just got... but at $13.00 a kilo it's probably a lot less than what you paid at your butcher.

Cheers!

Bill

Cape grim shorties are cheaper than Costco by a few dollars.cheaper than riches as well.
I had forgotten about them, consider I drove thru tooradin daily for over ten years

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks Bill, I’ll head over to Costco this weekend. I did cook up the smaller of the pieces I got tonight and it came out pretty well, but wasn’t a pure Tri-Tip.

By the way, it’s No One, I’m not that cocky that I would label myself #1 on a community board :razz:

Those Costco tri-tips are probably my favourite tri-tip of all. I’ve tried Wagyu MB6 but find it too fatty so never buy more than MB3, I and am always happy with the flavour of the meat from Costco.

Kelly’s do a huge delivery service from Tooradin to miles away. If you’re on Facebook join the group Victorian BBQ Alliance https://www.facebook.com/groups/611489382357652/?ref=share and talk to Luke Nagel about your meat needs.

Back