I did it but it didn't go over well.

@MattTee - I do not have the results in front of me to see where I ended up. I never looked at the placing. I looked at my scores. I did however talk to a few table captains and a rep who told me how mad everyone was. It was quite obvious they took it out on me. One of the Reps walked over with my box to lecture me but i was not there. The stink and deal they made out of me doing that took any chances I may have had of winning. I was already sour grapes in their books.

68th... full results are on the web for the non-KCBS http://www.roccityribfest.com

I will say it in public.....you are f***ing the king.....I can see that the vending must have been really great this weekend....I am glad that you had a blast, and thank you for making a smile on my face today.........:crazy:

Non sanctioned with no rules on the garnish, right? I'd have to give ya at least an 8 just for chitz & grins, hoping that's the way you meant it. Hell, maybe a 9 for origionality.
But then again, what do I know? ;>)

I was at Roc City Ribfest this weekend and one of the contests was their house comp, the roc city rib off. It was open garnish inedible was fine. I thought it would be funny to do what everyone always talks about and garnish it with $1 bills. I put foil on the bottom and up the sides to protect the food from hitting the money. Well needless to say, the rep was not very happy with me. I still think it is funny as hell as do most others that were at the comp. It was just fun. BUt the rep and the judges were appalled by this. One point was proven to me in this case. Garnish is huge factor in scoring, because I got all 4 and 5's in appearance and one 7. The ribs were at least a 7 all day. Lesson learned go garnish or go home!!!!
Was it the same rep that wasnt going to let you compete last year in Troy?

I must raise one small point....according to brethren rules..no pictures, didnt happen.

I find it quite hypothetically amusing.

That is a good point made above...was the number of bills divisible evenly by 6?

I put six bills in the box. I didn't take a picture, but showed a few guys before I turned it in. Sled - the reps from troy were there, but they werent't mad, there was another who did not get a kick out of it.

I put six bills in the box. I didn't take a picture, but showed a few guys before I turned it in. Sled - the reps from troy were there, but they werent't mad, there was another who did not get a kick out of it.

Reps did show me the box before they went out to try and find you... Was very hard to keep a straight face.

Too funny. However, I'm not sure I would want to eat food that might have touched paper money for only $1 though.

I was at Roc City Ribfest this weekend and one of the contests was their house comp, the roc city rib off. It was open garnish inedible was fine. I thought it would be funny to do what everyone always talks about and garnish it with $1 bills. I put foil on the bottom and up the sides to protect the food from hitting the money. Well needless to say, the rep was not very happy with me. I still think it is funny as hell as do most others that were at the comp. It was just fun. BUt the rep and the judges were appalled by this. One point was proven to me in this case. Garnish is huge factor in scoring, because I got all 4 and 5's in appearance and one 7. The ribs were at least a 7 all day. Lesson learned go garnish or go home!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:....Love it!! Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that box was opend!!:bow:

Back