Contest Results Hudson valley ribfest NY. 8/22/10

Pretty good looking Ribs Score.... nothing like consistancy :p

Mr bobos
Overall 4th
Chicken 7
Ribs 35
Pork 13
Brisket 10

Just in case you didn't know that besides mr bobos being a brethren Team , he is also currently the brisket world champion.

I guess that I have been delisted as a brethren? :p

thought you went to Dover???:becky:

Pretty good looking Ribs Score.... nothing like consistancy :p

there is a reason its called "Bobo-ing" cagtegory!
:becky:

Just in case you didn't know that besides mr bobos being a brethren Team , he is also currently the brisket world champion.

and also is also the 2010 HV Ribfest NEBS Grilling Champ! Thanks is no small part to a nameless, no shirt having "Calamari King".

Oh, well...

What a fun time! The flies, mud and rain were off the charts, but it is still an awesome contest.

Congrats to everyone that got calls and walked-- lots of familiar brethren names....good to see you all and to meet more folks.

This was really my first attempt at cooking a competition as part of a team-- though I have helped out at others. We didn't do too well, and I learned a lot. I'm looking forward to doing more....:doh::doh::doh:

Hope someone will share some pointers.....

Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to Meat at Slims (nice guys and their third grand of the year) and to all that walked. Met lots of new folks since we haven't been up that way, and got soaked to our underwear.

Cheers!
Chris

new to this, I competed in Sat NEBS grilling contest for first compatition had a blast. I have electric smoker at home must convert to wood so I can compete next year. Is it me or do the judges varry greatly in thier scores?

Rib

A lot of fun. Congrats to all who 'walked'. Actually, it was a 'rainy run'! Special thanks to DIZZY PIG for their UNFLINCHING, IMMEDIATE offer to loan us an 'Egg' prior to NEBS Saturday after we 'broke a shell'. :doh:

VERY kind -- that's what it's all about.

Those flies cost me $21- bucks!~ Told one of our crew kids every fly was worth a buck!

Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to Meat at Slims (nice guys and their third grand of the year) and to all that walked. Met lots of new folks since we haven't been up that way, and got soaked to our underwear.

Cheers!
Chris

Does this mean we will seeing more of u guys up here?

Cheers!
Chris

Nice job Chris. Hope you get a win in New Holland so we see you guys at the Jack

Chris, do I really look like Doug Pini ? That was way to funny, it could have been worse, I been called Steve Farrins Dad !

Cheers!
Chris

Chris, thanks man. We'd love to see IQue once again at the Jack. We'll definitely do what we can in PA, but looking like the Jack streak may end at 6.

Mr. Bobo, yeah, I sure thought you were Doug at the time. Well for a minute anyways. Congrats on your fine finishes in both contests.

Cheers
Chris

Chris, thanks man. We'd love to see IQue once again at the Jack. We'll definitely do what we can in PA, but looking like the Jack streak may end at 6.

Don't lose the faith. I thought my streak was going to end last year and won my last contest of the season.

Back