How much to charge?

Richman2000

Recently I did some pulled pork and cole slaw for a department at work to thank them for helping me out with a project. they loved it. Well they've come back to me and asked if I can make more for them. They are supplying for the Pork, and Lump for the smoke. I am doing it for the experience now. If I was to charge for doing pulled pork, how much after expenses is fair? I'm not planning on doing this much, but it's a good way to make some $$ to help with mods to the Chargriller, and add to my spices collection.

Thanks for the help.

Rich
Merced, Ca

I'm easy... A case of good beer or a nice bottle of whiskey would be more than adequate for me. Cheers!!!

Standard "restaurant" markup is 3x cost...catering markup can be substantially higher.

Go for the Port and the experience.

I was in a local convenient store this past weekend here in town and part of the store now has a guy selling BBQ. I took a gander at his menu and he was selling brisket for $13/lb. That seemed kind of high but I'm not experienced enough to know. I know I've seen pulled pork going for roughly $8-$10 /lb so maybe he's right on the mark.

Okay, did a bit of research. He's in the ballpark. Carry on....

Last edited:
Back