THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't know how you guys don't feel the burn right away. There must be something wrong with my skin, or something. I know instantaneously! Ouch!!! Between slicing up my fingers and burning my hands and arms, dang! I'm an absolute danger to myself in the kitchen. And then there's the fire's I've started. I don't have that avatar for no reason, guys. Yikes!! :roll:

Ha, at Christmas, I was working on the Prime Rib, and some things were not right with the fire. So, I absent mindedly reached into a lit fire pile and casually picked up some grayed over lit coals. Wah Hey! not a good idea. Fortunately, the ash layer prevented real damage, but, it sure woke me up.

OK, now that Saiko posted up, I don't feel so bad...

At our second comp ever, in 2008, on Saturday morning I was doing something at the smoker, Don't recall exactly what, maybe checking ribs?. So I hear some commotion, and looking to my right, noticed about 15 local police kind of surrounding my next door comp neighbor. I was looking at them, and trying to figure out what was going on and took a step, without looking at where I was going. Stepped on something (still don't know what) instead of ground, my balance, and in trying to regain it, backed my calf into the barrel of one of my WSM's.:shocked: That horizontal welt was from the seam between the barrel and the bowl. Believe it or not, no alcohol was involved, well, until after it happened. to take the edge off the pain

The thing that blew me away was not one of the teams there that day had any aloe! Which is why we now ALWAYS have a bottle in the trailer.
leg2.jpg

Don't know how you guys don't feel the burn right away. There must be something wrong with my skin, or something. I know instantaneously! Ouch!!! Between slicing up my fingers and burning my hands and arms, dang! I'm an absolute danger to myself in the kitchen. And then there's the fire's I've started. I don't have that avatar for no reason, guys. Yikes!! :roll:

Please tell me that IS your grill ... that's awesome (as long as nobody was hurt)

I seem to always have burn stripes on both my forearms - by the time the old ones fade, there are new ones to take their place.

My worst burn was in a restaurant though. I grabbed, with bare hands, a sheet pan that apparently had just come out of the oven. I'll never forget seeing the smoke or steam or whatever that was coming through my fingers. All my fingers, my thumb, and the upper part of my palm were blistered pretty badly.

Please tell me that IS your grill ... that's awesome (as long as nobody was hurt)

No, Cack. That's not my grill. The fires I've started look just like that, but I make them in the house. lol Thank God my son is such a calm, cool, and collected character. He's saved this place from being burned to the ground more than once. :doh: When I'm having one of my bad days, it's usually a better idea to let someone else do the cooking. :roll:

This saying that I heard when I worked fixing jewelry has helped me..."hot metal looks just the same as cold"...(you dont grab hot ring that was just glowing red, more than once)

but if you're around fire and hot stuff.......you're gonna get burned

Back