THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have used a filet knife, a santoku, a chef's knife, a paring knife, a paint scraper, a dough scraper, a disposable razor, an electric razor, a credit card, a deck of playing cards, and a garden hoe. I have no interest in spending another dime on a new gadget to scrape chicken skin. It is the most time consuming, back breaking, neck aching work of the whole competition. I despise doing it every time. And yet... I wouldn't go to a comp without my skin scraped. If I had the stomach for it, I would set up a booth on Friday and charge $25 to scrape skins for competing teams. I bet I could make a fortune if I didn't go insane first!

big single blade disposable shaver

hey, I'm a total rookie here, but I'm practicing for my first KCBS and have been using a simple single blade, disposable bic shaver and it works great... I saw Q-Dat's idea of skin side down in the butter pan, so I'll try that too...:thumb:

Back