how many own their dream smoker?

did you take the plunge and purchase your dream smoker?

• yes. its everything I wanted

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • yes. I went way overboard, it's more than I need

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have a plan, I will one day

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I could never justify the purchase

Votes: 22 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't even know what my dream smoker is. I can do pretty much everything I want to do with what I currently have but I like to try out new things so I don't even know if there is a dream smoker for me.

I love the Shirley Fab trailer smokers but I know I would never need anything that big and would probably never use one enough to justify the cost.

I am in the have more smoker than I need, but it’s what I wanted. I wouldn’t change it for something less.

I am going with "I have a plan". My dream keeps on changing, the more time I spend around here :wacko:

My 24x60 Shirley definitely qualifies as my dream cooker but having filled it up a couple times I sometimes have wandering eyes at a 30" model. I'd maybe change a couple things such as probe port locations or other seriously minor things but nothing that matters beyond size in except for extremely niche for me use cases.

I want a top flow offset like a Jambo someday...or at least cook on one a few times, or maybe another Texas inspired offset, but that would be an addition to the crew, not an instead of.

Ive also never owned or cooked on an insulated cabinet style smoker. I think I would appreciate the capacity, plus hands off aspect I enjoy on my Primo.

Moving goalposts and all. Though I am liking pjtexas1's setup.

My dream is a Shirley. Bought a yoder and got in on the pellet fab. Wish I didn’t. Wasted a lot of money when I could have put a down payment on a SF. I want a SF and a few more drums. So I don’t own my dream smoker yet.

Shirley

Hi All I have 2 dream smokers.My 22" WSM when I want to do and over nite cook, and my 24 x 36 Shirley, when I'm home and want to feed it splits.The only thing I would haved like to have in my Shirley is rotating shelves.
DanB

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_155307000_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20180916_155307000_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 292
Yup... My current pit is considered by Dream Pit. After ten years of smoking on various styles I finally knew exactly what fit my needs for now and into the future. Of course, several features were added by me making it even more satisfying.

I’m buying a YS 640 comp cart which is my pellet dream smoker.

I still have a Shirley and a gateway drum on my list as well. Maybe an LSG or outlaw instead of a Shirley but something high end to burn sticks.

This is what I waited nearly 45years for. 63 years young now and am excited to cook on my Shirley. She is everything I could want or need. Big enough for larger cooks and cooks just fine for the wife and me. Thank you Paul and Tyler for building my Shirley, It is special to me.

I bought my dream pellet pooper a few weeks ago, Yoder YS640 on comp cart. For most of the cookjs it's way to much but I will need the space several times a year.

My dream cooker, money no object, is a Shirley trailer like the one posted by BBQ Freak.

Do not own - yet! On the list for dream smoker at Shirley. Have a bit of wait yet but it’s gonna be worth it! My build as of now is for a 24”x55” cabinet door patio model.

I don't have mine yet. Can't justify the cost at the moment, too many honey-do lists around the house. When the time comes, it will be a SF 24x50 trailer model. I'll probably buy a WSM 22 soon so I have the extra capacity I need.

Yes, we went big with our Meadow Creek TS250 Trailer with a 42 chicken cooker on it. We have plans to do more and more catering and got a deal we couldn't refuse :)

ogcOzOV.jpg

BawxgQP.jpg

zRugbb8.jpg

Last edited:
Several years ago I got what I wanted for years That was a Large BGE I am very happy with that I would like the Meadowcreek BX 50 but I cant justify the cost and there is only 2 of us now Way more than I need

I have my dream smoker as well. When I need the absolute best tasting bbq and capacity my LSG vertical is second to none in my arsenal. Absolutely no regrets except I wish I had more time to use it these days.

IMG_1440.jpg

I have pretty much the same rig and I couldn't ask for a better patio smoker. The build quality of the LSGs is top notch and the small footprint is amazing. It's also the most idiot proof offset I've ever used. It doesn't take much work to keep it running around the same temp and it seems completely unaffected by the weather.

Back