THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trekmstr

Full Fledged Farker
i make a batch every spring and can it. last year i was planning on doing more comps and cooking than i actually did and still have alot left.
i boil the sauce then put it in to glass canning jars, (ball / mason). turn jars upside down for 10-15 minutes then right side up and wait for popping. i have used sauce that is just over 1 hyear old with out any noticable change to flavor. i have enogh to last me all summer. thanks.

If canned properly it should last indefineatly, but will start to degrade in flaver after a year. Not saying it will go bad, just degrade in flavor.

A lot has to do with the ph of the sauce as well as the amount of sugar. If your sauce is more acidic and has a high sugar content and is canned/jarred properly, it can last, as spicewine said, indefinitely.

John
http://www.mankindsauces.com

Back