How do you finish your chicken?

Yea, I had to come. I woulda kicked myself if I didn't. Shoot, it was killing me just thinking about not coming.

I plan on coming in Thursday afternoon, not sure what time exactly.

I tried some new ideas last night on a practice chicken cook. I will take that bet that I will probably lose but what the heck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnychickenpic.jpg

This is exactly what to do if you DON'T want to win. The first two judges will get twenties and the last four judges will be ticked and give you low scores.

Scott

When we first started we did it on a grill and just added some wood. Then we tried to do it on the smoker a few times and the chicken skin did not turn out the way we wanted it too. Also when we clamped down the lid on our chicken cooker it flatened out the chicken too much and made it look weird. Now we are going back to the grill for the entire cook.

We flip ours very 5 mins and at the end leave it skin side down and it usually crisps up.

Here is what we do:

Brine or inject with Fab C

cook on the WSM at around 300

when the chicken is getting close to being done, take off the WSM and then into a bath of Sauce in deep pan.

Take out of the pan and put on a webber grill to finish cooking and set the sauce.

Here is what we do:

Brine or inject with Fab C

cook on the WSM at around 300

when the chicken is getting close to being done, take off the WSM and then into a bath of Sauce in deep pan.

Take out of the pan and put on a webber grill to finish cooking and set the sauce.

How long in the sauce and is the pan on the heat or not (foil, no foil)?
Thanks

Its only in the sacue for a minute or two. The sauce has been warmed, but is not on active heat. The dunk in the pan is just to assure 100% coverage of the sauce.

I wanted to add, this is not my original way of doing chicken. I got these tips from Jim Minion on how he does his. I changed a little detail here and there. It really helped our chicken scores, well that and using plowboys rub.

Back