THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
OK, I know that hot pepper jelly alone isn't really Q, but you got to make it first before it can go on some wings from the WSM! :-D

A co-worker and friend turned me on to this pepper jelly a couple of years ago and today I tried making it for myself. It really didn't take very long and was actually relatively simple. However, in the future, I'll have to make sure you can open the window (wife complained of the pepper fumes) and be careful about how many lids you put on each jar. I got to the end and I had 2 jars, 2 bands and only 1 lid! :icon_blush: So, in all, 11 of the 12 jars sealed and the one that didn't seal and the remainder went into a ziploc container and into the fridge.

I really wanted to show it off so I took a couple of pics. I'm not very good at the photography, but I gave it my best effort. The first pics shows the jelly as really dark, but that is more of the result of my photography skills and not the jelly. As you can see in the one with the extra in the ziploc container, it's really a reddish color. Since I knew what it was supposed to taste like, I gave it a taste test and BINGO!, I nailed it. :-D

Next step is to take some wings, put them on the smoker and glaze them with this nice little jelly.

The ingredients included crushed red pepper, jalapeno, red bell pepper, sugar, cider vinegar and liquid pectin. Enjoy and thanks for looking. :-D

11 jelly jars and 1 ziploc container
PICT0113.jpg

looking in ziploc container
PICT0115.jpg

close up of sara lee honey wheat, i can't believe it's not butter and my jelly
PICT0118.jpg

my first bite shot!
PICT0116.jpg

close up with bite!
PICT0118.jpg

hot pepper jelly is amazing...it is soo good on ribs..cant get enough

Looks Great! I never made the pepper jelly myself, but I buy it and mix with cream cheese, and stuff my ABT's with it.

It's also good for breakfast sandwiches!

PICT0120.jpg

2 pouches liquid pectin
1 1/2 cups vinegar
2 roasted red bell peppers
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 - 11 or 12 oz jar of jalapeno
6 1/2 cups of sugar

Here is the summary:
chop peppers to desired size. add peppers, vinegar and sugar mix. boil for 10 minutes stiriing constantly. be careful it will foam quite a bit and double in size (or more). when 10 minutes is up, remove from heat, add crushed red pepper and pectin and put into hot jars and lids. attach lids with bands.

2 pouches liquid pectin
1 1/2 cups vinegar
2 roasted red bell peppers
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 - 11 or 12 oz jar of jalapeno
6 1/2 cups of sugar

Here is the summary:
chop peppers to desired size. add peppers, vinegar and sugar mix. boil for 10 minutes stiriing constantly. be careful it will foam quite a bit and double in size (or more). when 10 minutes is up, remove from heat, add crushed red pepper and pectin and put into hot jars and lids. attach lids with bands.

Thank you so much. I'll be making this soon.

Looks great! LOVE it over cream cheese or meat balls in a crock pot.
Thanks for the recipe.

Looks tasty. I've bought it before at some of the farmers markets, but it never seems to last very long.

Made cornbread last night and doused it liberally with some japaleno honey my daughter bought from a honey farmer in Winterset. Mmmm.

Chris

Back