Hot and Fast Brisket Pron **It's Done**

Mattg That looks good. I never can get my WSM up to that temp. It looks like you don't have water in your pan. Do you keep the pan empty? Maybe that is why I can't get up to 330.

I didn’t use any water in the pan. I foiled the pan all around the pan. I opened the bottom vents all the way and the top vent open by 90%. When I got to 325, I adjusted all of the bottom vent so they would be open by 75%. And I would come out and check on it every 30 – 40 min. It held its heat well. But I did notice by one of my bottom vent it seemed that the black paint melted off.:roll: It looks like a melted black bottle. Its only about 3in-2in. Anyone else ever seen that?

Did my first high heat last weekend...awsome!

Did you post about this? Don't remember reading about it. Wouldn't mind hearing about your experience.

And nice work MattG! Funny thing, my first attempt at a high heat brisket I thought didn't have enough smokey flavor, but I also foiled. My second attempt I tried combining a low and slow with high heat and I was much happier. My next attempt I will try Popdaddy's method of a tri-level rub with no foil. Even if you like low and slow better, it's hard to beat having a full packer ready in 5-6 hours.

Did you post about this? Don't remember reading about it. Wouldn't mind hearing about your experience.

And nice work MattG! Funny thing, my first attempt at a high heat brisket I thought didn't have enough smokey flavor, but I also foiled. My second attempt I tried combining a low and slow with high heat and I was much happier. My next attempt I will try Popdaddy's method of a tri-level rub with no foil. Even if you like low and slow better, it's hard to beat having a full packer ready in 5-6 hours.[/quote]

Amen

Back