Honey grilled chicken, veggies & mashed taters

seadad9903

Full Fledged Farker
Simple recipe. grill chicken, brush with honey with 5 min of cooking left. :bow:

All the veggies.

main.php

The chicken.

main.php

Onion, shallots, carrots, garlic, mushrooms got chopped, tossed with EVOO, S & P and the parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme. Ended up not using the squash, it was a little riper than I wanted.

chicken was sprinkled with S & P then some butter mixed with the herbs was rubbed under the skin.

main.php

Onto a grill with a chimney of Kingsford Blue. There's a pan in the middle below the veggies to keep them from burning. The chicken was cooked direct, on grill grates.

main.php

main.php

Right before brushing with honey.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Ready to eat! Standard stuff for the mashed potatoes. Peel, boil, mash. Gravy is a simple roux of equal parts butter and fat (bacon grease in this case) cooked until light brown then add chicken stock until you get to whatever thickness you want. I actually used half stock, half milk this time. It gives the gravy more creaminess.

The honey glaze only shows as a little extra shinyness, but let me tell you, it's pretty darn tasty!

main.php

main.php

Looks great, ill have some please!!:hungry:

A couple things I would have never thought of, honey on the chicken, using Pyrex on the grill.?

Definitely a win on both!:thumb:

Nice job looks great! How'd the chicken come out? Tough to get moist break and done thigh, at least for me.

Doing them like this I rarely have a problem. But, I also like thighs a little overdone and my youngest doesnt notice if the legs are overdone. :becky:

Looks great, ill have some please!!:hungry:

A couple things I would have never thought of, honey on the chicken, using Pyrex on the grill.?

Definitely a win on both!:thumb:

Using honey is a great way to get a sweet bite.

If you're going to use glass on the grill, use the high end stuff and make sure it's room temp before you put it on. I had one violently crack on me once. That's all it took.

Back