Hi, my name is Jeanie and I have a problem

Hell, I'm just impressed with a woman who has a drill press:rolleyes: much less the ingenuity to convert it to a tortilla press:cool:

How does the bottom board turn with the top one that is connected to the drill press chuck? I am looking at this and I'm a little confused. Also in order to do this what speed are you turning at? Very creative idea.

Its not turning, she is just using it as a press. 8)

Pretty smart cookie that Jeanie! You should check out her blog, it'll make you really hungry! :-D

Randy

And I thought I had weird dreams! That looks like something right out of the Possum Lodge on the Red Green Show. I love it!

So what can you do with a lathe?

Jeanie, you would be the neatest person to hang out with. " Hey, what ya want to do today?" "Oh, I don't know. Lets hook up the drill press and make something to eat" You rock Jeanie

What are you taking before bed to make you have these dreams - cause I think I need to try some! That's amazing.

Maybe Bobby Flay will show up one day for Drill Press Tortilla Throwdown :)

Is that the Binford 5000 Drill Press?

Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor would be proud of you. Aaaarrrrrrrrr!

And I thought I had weird dreams! That looks like something right out of the Possum Lodge on the Red Green Show. I love it!

Something VERRRRRY interesting with a fattie I imagine.:wink:

Bet she could carve that rotating meat in Gyro sammiches... Great Job Jeannie... I wonderin if you being nice to me and saying everything I sent was great.... Then again I have had them all and they are all good.

more workshop cooking

how about circular saw sandwiches........or radial saw raspberry sherbert.....or router pudding.......or planer plantains........or ??????????
paperboy98

Nice job and very creative. She would probably use the lathe to turn down weiners to little smokies. :biggrin::biggrin:

I was embarrassed to post this.... now you know how weird my dreams can be and how bad my spring fever is. :redface::lol:

The bottom plate turns along with the top plate. I cut both plates out of plastic cutting boards. attached some hardware to the bottom plate so it would rotate as soon as the top plate came in contact with the dough.

Pics http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/02/drill-press-tortillas-i-need-life-lol.html

I didn't want the dough to tear...

It works and it was fun. :biggrin:

One of my friends watching said "Who would of thunk you to make tortillas with a drill press"
I said "me".
They agreed... I would come up with something so stupid. :biggrin:

Thanks for the nice comments friends... They really were tasty!!

Back