THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I’m just now getting around to posting last Sundays cook as we finished late (due to a game of Horseshoes) and Monday was a very busy work day for me. I have all kinds of herbs ready in my garden that I need to be using so I made up some fresh herb marinades for some chicken & veggies. Here is the fresh picked thyme, rosemary & oregano.

IMG_3981_zpsf9be3047.jpg

I removed the leaves

IMG_3984_zps1df1932f.jpg

and proceeded to mince. (I did this twice, once for veggies & once for chicken)

IMG_3986_zps5e66cb11.jpg

For the veggies I included the following:
¼ cup of EVOO
½ tsp. of course ground black pepper
½ tsp. of ground sea salt
1 tsp. of minced oregano leaves
½ tsp. of minced thyme leaves
½ tsp. of minced rosemary leaves
6 cloves of minced Garlic

IMG_3988_zpsaf48c39f.jpg

Poured over the chopped veggies:
6 medium red potatoes
1 medium red onion
1 ½ red bell pepper
3 medium zucchinis (These were reserved in a separate bowl to be added later in the cook)

(Helpful Tip: Cut up your potatoes first and then preheat then in your microwave for 5 minutes to give them a head start on the cooking process. If you don’t do this the onions, bell pepper & zucchini will be done long before the potatoes and will be mushy by the time the potatoes are ready. I found out the hard way)

IMG_3990_zps0102a0bc.jpg

I stirred and let them rest for 2 hours. I then repeated the above for the chicken except I omitted the Oregano and added the following:
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice from 2 limes

IMG_3993_zps50693eff.jpg

IMG_3995_zpsae842994.jpg

Poured this over 8 chicken breasts, made sure it was well distributed and let them rest for 2 hours. (Flipped every 30 minutes)

IMG_3999_zps1ee087c4.jpg

I had lit my kamado and let come up to 300 degrees. On go the veggies

IMG_4001_zpsdefcd3f0.jpg

After 5 minutes I added the chicken breasts

IMG_4007_zps5a71875f.jpg

After 15 minutes I flipped the chicken

IMG_4008_zps6a0996f7.jpg

Another 15 minutes and the chicken is done but not the potatoes so I switched them around and waited another 10 minutes. (While my chicken breasts dry out :doh: )

IMG_4009_zpsaa6cb5f9.jpg

Here is my Money Shot

IMG_4010_zpsb8fa4fda.jpg

Someone approves!

IMG_4011_zpsc0892c12.jpg

Breasts were a little dry and the softer veggies a little mushy but everything was still very good. :-D

The Phu-man is wise :-D

Also, I would have taken the ingredients for the chicken marinade and added them to a brine instead and brined the chicken instead of marinating it. The brine will add moisture to the breasts and pull the herb flavors inside as well. I probably would have used the zest from the citrus instead of the juice in the brine.

Back