Herb Infused Chicken & Veggies

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
I’m just now getting around to posting last Sundays cook as we finished late (due to a game of Horseshoes) and Monday was a very busy work day for me. I have all kinds of herbs ready in my garden that I need to be using so I made up some fresh herb marinades for some chicken & veggies. Here is the fresh picked thyme, rosemary & oregano.

IMG_3981_zpsf9be3047.jpg

I removed the leaves

IMG_3984_zps1df1932f.jpg

and proceeded to mince. (I did this twice, once for veggies & once for chicken)

IMG_3986_zps5e66cb11.jpg

For the veggies I included the following:
¼ cup of EVOO
½ tsp. of course ground black pepper
½ tsp. of ground sea salt
1 tsp. of minced oregano leaves
½ tsp. of minced thyme leaves
½ tsp. of minced rosemary leaves
6 cloves of minced Garlic

IMG_3988_zpsaf48c39f.jpg

Poured over the chopped veggies:
6 medium red potatoes
1 medium red onion
1 ½ red bell pepper
3 medium zucchinis (These were reserved in a separate bowl to be added later in the cook)

(Helpful Tip: Cut up your potatoes first and then preheat then in your microwave for 5 minutes to give them a head start on the cooking process. If you don’t do this the onions, bell pepper & zucchini will be done long before the potatoes and will be mushy by the time the potatoes are ready. I found out the hard way)

IMG_3990_zps0102a0bc.jpg

I stirred and let them rest for 2 hours. I then repeated the above for the chicken except I omitted the Oregano and added the following:
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice from 2 limes

IMG_3993_zps50693eff.jpg

IMG_3995_zpsae842994.jpg

Poured this over 8 chicken breasts, made sure it was well distributed and let them rest for 2 hours. (Flipped every 30 minutes)

IMG_3999_zps1ee087c4.jpg

I had lit my kamado and let come up to 300 degrees. On go the veggies

IMG_4001_zpsdefcd3f0.jpg

After 5 minutes I added the chicken breasts

IMG_4007_zps5a71875f.jpg

After 15 minutes I flipped the chicken

IMG_4008_zps6a0996f7.jpg

Another 15 minutes and the chicken is done but not the potatoes so I switched them around and waited another 10 minutes. (While my chicken breasts dry out :doh: )

IMG_4009_zpsaa6cb5f9.jpg

Here is my Money Shot

IMG_4010_zpsb8fa4fda.jpg

Someone approves!

IMG_4011_zpsc0892c12.jpg

Breasts were a little dry and the softer veggies a little mushy but everything was still very good. :-D

Nice work!
I'd wait for the potatoes to get done,move it on the indirect side and then grill the breasts.

The Phu-man is wise :-D

Also, I would have taken the ingredients for the chicken marinade and added them to a brine instead and brined the chicken instead of marinating it. The brine will add moisture to the breasts and pull the herb flavors inside as well. I probably would have used the zest from the citrus instead of the juice in the brine.

Back