THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NCguyHere

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Gonna try smoking a batch of wings tonight for the first time. Was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice I can follow? Would like to do em up in about 2hrs as that what time will allow this evening. Can anyone tell me what temp I should focus on, or if there are any quick marinades/brining I can apply?
Thanks ya'll :-D

It takes a little longer than two hours, but when you get a chance check out this.....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110651

Marty did a variation of Groundhog66's wings (which are amazing) and he included the link to Groundhog66's recipe. I tried wings for the first time on the 4th using a variation of that recipe and they were awesome.

c8978a95.jpg

I smoke wings at 275 - 300 degrees and it takes just a tad over two hours, I rub them in what ever Simply Marvelous I be in the mood for and then smoked them and pull them off and put them in a big bowl, add some Franks Buffalo wing sauce and some honey and cover them with plastic wrap and let them steam for about 1/2 hour, tossing in the bowl all the time to get even distribution of good stuff. I usually do 5 pounds at a time and they are the first to disappear...good luck

Thanks a ton guys! Was getting close to having to put them on. Those two threads are a heck of a starting point :thumb:

Back