Help With Salmon

Shouldn't have to. Plank will add the flavor.

Here's what I ended up doing...

Sprinkled the salmon down with lemon pepper, kosher salt, lemon juice.

Added a few small pats of margerine (sorry butter lovers, but I'm allergic to dairy)

Fired the UDS up to 275* with three smallish chunks of mesquite

Put in the UDS (on a piece of foil, so it wouldn't stick to the grate) for about 37 minutes. Temps on the fish showed between 160 at the thickest part to 145 at the thinnest part (go figure...but to be fair, the thickest part was more directly over the fire).

To quote my wife, "This salmon is bitchin' good!"

Thanks for all the ideas. Here is the pic....Sorry it took a while to post.I ended up keeping it simple. I used Lemon pepper, salt, butter and lemon juice and a pat of butter under each lemon slice. I was very happy with the outcome. Pulled it at 140 in the thickest part which means it prolly got served at 145ish but was fork tender and very juicy. Thanks again for the suggestions
012.jpg

I served it with aspargus in Olive oil S&P with garlic mased potatoes and a butternut squash bisque. It was awesome!015.jpg

Wow, looks like it came out great! I lemon pepper mine sometimes too! But recently I have been salt/sugar mix curing mine slightly before smoking and I don't think i'd do it otherwise unless time is against me! You should definitely try it sometime!

Cheers

Back