Help with Gravity Feed Suggestions

I’ve been very pleased with my Assassin GF17. It took some time to step up and make the investment but I don’t regret it for a second.

Hey Timberwolf, thanks for sharing. How many baby backs or st Louis racks would you say fit side to side on the shelves in the 17? Aside from the builder/brand, I'm also trying to decide between sizes.

I'm usually cooking for 4-10 people. But every once in a while will cook for 20-30 so having room if needed would be nice.

Thanks again and your Assassin looks very loved! :razz:

Do you have any experience with the Humphreys GF, or know anyone who does? I saw they make them and they look great, but there is very little out there on them. Even Humphreys instagram and facebook focus only on their regular cabinets. Cant find a video on the GF either.

And I live in VA. So to the best of my knowledge, the only company "close by" to me is Meadow Creek (about 2.5 hrs away) in PA. Other than that I would most likely need to ship.

I don't have experience with the Humphrey's GF directly.

I think 270 smokers is in Maryland, so might be closer to you.

Another one to add to your list is Ironside Smokers out of Wisconsin.

Hey Timberwolf, thanks for sharing. How many baby backs or st Louis racks would you say fit side to side on the shelves in the 17? Aside from the builder/brand, I'm also trying to decide between sizes.

I'm usually cooking for 4-10 people. But every once in a while will cook for 20-30 so having room if needed would be nice.

Thanks again and your Assassin looks very loved! :razz:

I’d guess 3-4 racks per shelf. Even more if you used a rib rack. The difference in the ease of use and quality of food compared to my old Brinkmann off set smoker is night and day. It took some getting used to just how effortless it is to turn out great food. You won’t be disappointed with your investment.

croman126,

Just a heads up. Not sure if you know how the search function works on this site, but if you go down towards the bottom of the screen, there will be a google search section labeled “enhanced by Google”.

You can search for each make you are interested in and find old threads talking about each one for the most part. You could type in Deep South for instance and find old topics related to these cookers. I think I have even seen a thread or two on the Humphreys Gravity Fed unit from a few years back. Have fun with your search and good luck picking the right unit for you. Cheers

Please keep us posted about your decision and the reviews afterwards. It is possible that one day I might make a purchase and Southern Q and Assassin look tempting especially considering my location.

Back