Help me spend my money (finders fee)

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Will seem odd but putting this out there. I’m looking for a gravity fed smoker but would also consider an insulated cabinet. Looking for used to get more for the money but not ruling out new.

Size? I would prefer to have enough room for minimum of 3 briskets or 4-6 pork butts at a time but open to smaller if price is right. Bigger is better right?

Location? Willing to drive up to 10-12 hours for the right deal.

Price Range? Would prefer to be at $2,000 or below. Much more than than I can go get in line for a Limo Jr.

What’s in it for you? If you give me a lead on a smoker that I end up purchasing I will PayPal or Venmo you $20.

Last edited:
No idea where you are but look at a Humphreys Weekender. It'll do 4-6 butts or 8 racks baby backs or 2-3 chickens or 2 full briskets.

Throw the cart under it and you'll be right around $2100.

No idea where you are but look at a Humphreys Weekender. It'll do 4-6 butts or 8 racks baby backs or 2-3 chickens or 2 full briskets.

Throw the cart under it and you'll be right around $2100.

"Due to supply chain issues and the rapid rising cost of Stainless Steel we are temporarily not taking any more orders for the Weekender and Long Weekender."

Oh well, good suggestion if it weren't for that.

Somewhat in the same boat and budget as you huskerman. I’ll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I find anything

PS. GO BIG RED!

Something I considered before settling on the Limo Jr. was to custom build one. There are plans to purchase online if you know a local fabrication shop.

Assassin Grills makes an excellent gravity fed insulated cabinet smoker but it will set you back a bit more than your $2000 budget. A while back, Lone Star was getting some attention, but I see they are quite pricy too. Here's an old feed that might be of interest. Good Luck.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273955

Would love to have an assassin but due to price point as you mentioned it would need to be used. If I end up going new it will probably be either the Old Country or Limo Jr.

Something I considered before settling on the Limo Jr. was to custom build one. There are plans to purchase online if you know a local fabrication shop.

Considered this also but I figured with the price of steel and cost of labor a person might be at the same point as if they just bought one already made.

How about a Cookshack FEC-100? I have one that will be for sale soon. Western suburbs of Chicago.

Considered this also but I figured with the price of steel and cost of labor a person might be at the same point as if they just bought one already made.

That was definitely one of the reasons I settled on the Limo Jr. Could have built a Limo size for a Limo Jr. price, but I didn't need that size and didn't have enough spare time to manage a build project.

Back