THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chew1229

Found some matches.
Help! I put a 13 pound full packer brisket on my new wscg last night for my first overnight smoke. I'm guessing my calculations were wrong but it looks like it will be done long before I figured. How long can I leave it in the cooler and it still be good for human consumption?

A very long time. Wrap in foil or paper and put in a cooler with some towels for a little added insulation. Your makeshift cambro sholf keep the IT at/above 140 for many hours. I had to hold meat for more than six hours for our last company BBQ. People raved about the brisket and nobody called in sick the next day.

Once it's done (check by probing for butter tenderness don't rely on temp), pull it, open the wrap and let it vent for a few minutes then re wrap and stick in an ice chest, you'll be good for hours.

^^^if you are really worried after it cools down to 170 put it in the oven on the lowest setting. It will be good for 12+ hours that way

Back