THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

menace

Name or Nickame
Drew
Hey everyone my name is drew and I live in Clarksville Tn. I moved to Tennessee from Germany about a year and a half ago and bought my first smoker (OC Wrangler) this past spring. Since moving back to the states and being in a big BBQ area I wanted to learn to make my own spectacular Q and joined the first online community I found thinking I could learn a lot which I did but that other community really seems to just be selling stuff and no one really shares any recipes. I understand people are not going to share their competition award winning secrets but I thought it would be nice to be able to find new things to try without having to buy some dudes stuff. So once the snow melts as long as Im not in the field or deployed I plan to do a lot of cooking soon and look forward to seeing what this place is like.

Welcome to the forum, Drew. There are a lot of good people here and they are willing to share!

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

thanks everyone. Im very excited to get cooking again. I have two hobbies that pretty much take up all of my free time and that is fishing and as of last year trying to cook things in my smoker. As I have gotten older though I have realized that I have become more and more a fair weather kind of dude and this cold weather is really making it difficult for me to find the motivation to go outside. Super pumped to thaw out and try some new cooks and share with everyone what I make and hopefully learn some new things to make me a better cook. I forgot to mention originally though Im horrible at pictures. I always start off with quite a few pics and then as the cook goes on I take less and then by the time its time to pull stuff off the grill I completely forget to take pictures until Im already one or two plates down.

Welcome to the Brethren from the hills of east Tennessee! You landed on a exceptional site for BBQ knowledge. Take your time and read and read and you will absorb a wealth of knowledge you won't find in any book. Springs around the corner so get ready to get that smoker fired up so you can share all of your great cooks.

Welcome aboard Drew, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back