Hello from OK - I'm still Smokin' on Tulsa Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kari, I am making 4 gals of "KARIs Hog apple beans" this weekend as my first paying job along with 75 lbs of baby backs and 30 lbs of chicken. If we keep meeting like this, Robert will take off that helmut and kick the snot outta me! Welcome, John.

Keri,

Welcome to the neighborhood. Glad you decided to stop by and hang out with us. I've always enjoyed reading (and trying) some of your recipes I've read on a couple of the forums where I lurk and learn. I was particularly pleased with the Hog Apple Beans that were recommended to me here just a couple of months ago. Coming from a guy that generally likes pinto's and Great Northern beans from scratch, that is something. :mrgreen:

About a year ago over in Basso world, you gave me some very sound advice about cooling down whole briskets that were to be reheated a day and a half later. (The vacuum bag and ice water bath). I do that often and it works great.

Last edited:
Keri

Welcome the site, I make the hog apple beans every time when I throw an event and get nothing but rave reviews....

Welcome to the Brethren Keri.

If I remember correctly - you posted a killer turkey recipe on a site not to be mentioned that talks about bullet style smokers :biggrin: Ever since - wife has not been allowed to cook the turkey anymore for Thanksgiving!

Keri,

Welcome. I remember Hot Wire from the Art of BBQ in Tulsa last summer. We've been there the last two years. They moved the date this year and conflicts with another local contest. My wife has a brother in Broken Arrow. Her other brother is a member here (Pigboy) and is my cooking partner.

Glad you are here. Sounds like you have a lot to offer.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back