Hello From Georgia!

TrueBlueEagle

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey all, I posted the other day in a roll call thread, but figured I'd get over here to introduce myself. Located just outside of Athens, GA. Been grilling for years, but new to the world of low & slow. So far I've tackled ribs/chicken/butts/ and fatties...have yet to try my hand at a brisket yet. Currently I have a Chargriller Akorn, a newly built Mini WSM, and a "Budweiser" weber style grill (freebie from the beer store), in addition to my bbq accessories like mav et732, etc.. I have a drum that I plan on converting to a UDS but havent got around to it yet.

I'll be attending the National BBQ Cup in Cumming, GA this weekend as a spectator, unless any teams need a hand! I'd love to help out however. Figured it'd be a good opportunity to learn. I'm looking into doing a judging class next year, and perhaps try a few backyard comps.

Also, has anybody had any issues getting on the forum through tapatalk? I keep getting errors... I'd upload pics, but it looks like you can't upload directly to the forum? you have to go through an image hosting site?

Welcome!! Unfortunately, there were some security issues with Tapatalk so the connectivity had to be turned off. It's been awhile, so I don't know what the status is.

If you check out this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173589&highlight=national+bbq+cup there's a bunch of people who will be there, you may try posting in there to find out if anyone needs help.

Lastly, I'm not certain but I think you have to be a paid subscriber in order to upload images directly.

Welcome!! Unfortunately, there were some security issues with Tapatalk so the connectivity had to be turned off. It's been awhile, so I don't know what the status is.

If you check out this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173589&highlight=national+bbq+cup there's a bunch of people who will be there, you may try posting in there to find out if anyone needs help.

Lastly, I'm not certain but I think you have to be a paid subscriber in order to upload images directly.

Yeah I posted in there, but I think everybodys got it covered....also, I posted a thread on my Mini WSM and I could upload directly there, but under Cattle Call section I cant ? hmm..

Welcome aboard True Blue Eagle, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Good luck in the competition...

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back