hello from Bakersfield California

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monsibais

Long time griller making the transition to the world of low and slow BBQ. I just bought my first smoker on Thursday and smoked for the first time on Saturday. For the first time i have to say i impressed myself. i did baby backs and a brisket. The ribs took around 5 hours and the brisket almost 8 hours. My dad and boys loved the ribs but thought the brisket was too smokey in flavor. I used hickory wood to smoke. I'm going to smoke tri tip (my kids favorite) next weekend. I was thinking of using apple wood this time. Since I'm new to smoking i bought the brinkmann smoker I used the minnon method and had 215 temp for 4.5 hours them my fire choked itself out and i had to start a new fire to finish. I just ordered some dampers online to modify my smoker hopefully they come in before next weekend.

Welcome aboard monsibais.

It's a learning curve thing of how much wood to use and learning what the "right' amount of smoke for your family's taste. My wife likes "less" so i know where you're coming from.

Welcome from the Hoosier state. You should be able to find plenty of mods for your Brinkmann here.

A few pics from my santa maria style grill and my first attempt smoking this past weekend

monsie6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back