THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oldbill

is One Chatty Farker
HEB is running the 8lb bag of Grand Champion charcoal $1.00 off making it $3.97 a bag! It's not the greatest charcoal in the world but it is all natural ( no weird chemicals, makes less ash) and performs pretty well for grilling and getting a quick bed of coals in my cheap offset.:-D

Their 16.6 lb bags are regularly priced at $7.98 or so. They go on sale for $6.00 occasionally, which is a great deal too. Just a FYI, their store brand regular briq line is now being made by royal oak, and has the "ridge" design. I've tried a couple small bags of those and they perform identically to any other ridge charcoal i've used. Fast lighting, decent heat, and they burn for a fairly long time. The food I've cooked with this stuff has been fantastic.

I think the Blue bag and the Mesquite are a better brick, I was not impressed with GC and out here where the HEB is the only market for 50 mi in any direction they ask a Kings ransom for it. The Brown Bag Lump is the Chit!!

I think the Blue bag and the Mesquite are a better brick, I was not impressed with GC and out here where the HEB is the only market for 50 mi in any direction they ask a Kings ransom for it. The Brown Bag Lump is the Chit!!
I remember you talking about the lump before, how does it compare to B&B or RO?

This is what I use much better than RO. I might get a golf ball sized rock every 5 bags, very little dust of unusable fall through the grate pieces. IIRRC it's 4 & change for 10lb.

Back