HEB Grand Champion Charcoal Alert

oldbill

is One Chatty Farker
HEB is running the 8lb bag of Grand Champion charcoal $1.00 off making it $3.97 a bag! It's not the greatest charcoal in the world but it is all natural ( no weird chemicals, makes less ash) and performs pretty well for grilling and getting a quick bed of coals in my cheap offset.:-D

Their 16.6 lb bags are regularly priced at $7.98 or so. They go on sale for $6.00 occasionally, which is a great deal too. Just a FYI, their store brand regular briq line is now being made by royal oak, and has the "ridge" design. I've tried a couple small bags of those and they perform identically to any other ridge charcoal i've used. Fast lighting, decent heat, and they burn for a fairly long time. The food I've cooked with this stuff has been fantastic.

I think the Blue bag and the Mesquite are a better brick, I was not impressed with GC and out here where the HEB is the only market for 50 mi in any direction they ask a Kings ransom for it. The Brown Bag Lump is the Chit!!

I think the Blue bag and the Mesquite are a better brick, I was not impressed with GC and out here where the HEB is the only market for 50 mi in any direction they ask a Kings ransom for it. The Brown Bag Lump is the Chit!!
I remember you talking about the lump before, how does it compare to B&B or RO?

This is what I use much better than RO. I might get a golf ball sized rock every 5 bags, very little dust of unusable fall through the grate pieces. IIRRC it's 4 & change for 10lb.

Back