Heads up.. Newsday announcment coming out tomorrow.

So, nice picture of Phil in the ad, but I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong in the sign up.

I keep getting an error message prompting me to enter a proper phone number and date of birth. I tried like 4 times. Anyone else having this problem?

Eric

So, nice picture of Phil in the ad, but I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong in the sign up.

I keep getting an error message prompting me to enter a proper phone number and date of birth. I tried like 4 times. Anyone else having this problem?

Eric

What sign-up? Where?

Eric

IT is having horrible issues, call 1-888-insider :) tell them the computer wasn't working for you...go quick :biggrin: you might even ask for Christine, since I am not sure of the customer service, some seem a little flakey...lol

So are we going to come up with a master list of who is planning on cooking what? I have alot of cool things I could do (many vegetarian/vegan) and have access to some really great product...let me know. I am thinking about showing how to use a foodsaver to cut down marinade times, using dry rubs for grilling, doing a multi step veggie dish (maybe grilled zucchini stuffed with a grilled version of ratatouille), maybe some grilled Georgia peaches, I have alot of ideas. Let me know.

IT is having horrible issues, call 1-888-insider :) tell them the computer wasn't working for you...go quick :biggrin: you might even ask for Christine, since I am not sure of the customer service, some seem a little flakey...lol

Thanks! I called and the problem was the format to enter the data. For example they don't want the phone number as

(###) ### ####

they want

###-###-####

and so on. Very odd.

I hope to get the call saying I have a seat. I'll be the one asking the questions about why the brethren rock and where I can go to get good bbq in Bayshore.

Eric

Tim - I think only Newsday subscribers get the invite ad. If you buy the paper at the newsstand, maybe they do a separate printing that does not provide the offer...

Last edited:
Tim - I think only Newsday subscribers get the invite ad. If you buy the paper at the newsstand, maybe they do a separate printing that does not provide the offer...

Thanks, Vinny.

I guess that would explain it, and now I can go cancel the appointment with the eye doctor!

I hope that you elitist snob subscribers enjoy yourselves!!!! :-D

Thanks, Vinny.

I guess that would explain it, and now I can go cancel the appointment with the eye doctor!

I hope that you elitist snob subscribers enjoy yourselves!!!! :-D

Maybe someone can request a ticket for you or maybe someone has an extra ...if I come up with one would you like it?

I see the ad today, Suffolk county Rockin' Lake Ron-kon-Koma edition.
Great placement, 1/2 pg. opposite the weather page and right under the cheap suit ad. (pg.A21)
Nice shot of Phil with a rack of ribs and yes, his shirt does have sleeves.
This is gonna be fun.

i havent seen it in the paper... its an old picture from a previous piece they did a couple summers ago.

they way it was presentede to me when they asked if I would do it was.

Its your(us) showcase, u set the format, do it how you want it..let us know what you need and the goal is to send people away going WOW!!!

Its up to us guys! .. bring the locals out..... from the backyard.. to the American royal!

Hey, if we show up with our Brethren hats and aprons, can we get in? I tried for tix. Hope I get em. Good luck all if I don't get in. Otherwise, let us know what we can do or ask to help the cause!

i havent seen it in the paper... its an old picture from a previous piece they did a couple summers ago.

they way it was presentede to me when they asked if I would do it was.

Its your(us) showcase, u set the format, do it how you want it..let us know what you need and the goal is to send people away going WOW!!!

Its up to us guys! .. bring the locals out..... from the backyard.. to the American royal!

If this only applied to you and Vinny, why didnt you just call him?

I didnt think this was a Long Island Newsday only board

Guess I was wrong.

I'll go trash their blog

i am thinking we may forgo the brisket and butts and do some BBQ Grilling.

Keep in mind, this is to edumacate on BBQ, teaching people that they CAN produce good BBQ in their backyuards... be it on a grill or pit... but producing it in a pit is better, more fun.. and ya get to get all dirty and smokey.

Sounds like a ton of fun !!
Keep Vinny in line.

I have ONE bag of original Kingsford left...want me to send it to you?
NOT............

If this only applied to you and Vinny, why didnt you just call him?

I didnt think this was a Long Island Newsday only board

Guess I was wrong.

I'll go trash their blog

I'm quite proud that Phil got these folks to give us our own day. We'll do something crazy to impress newsday fans then look to bring the power of the brthren to other cities. Chicago tribune, san fran chronicle, detroit star ledger, etc.... I'm looking forward to coming your way and impressing folks with our collective knowledge, Bill.

Back