Roll Call. Inside 30 days. HAVA BBQ Feb 26-27 Lake Havasu City, AZ

Man, I might be able to head to AZ anyway. I'm not going to try and figure out the logistics of competing... So if anyone needs a dishwasher, I 'might' be able to be talked in to driving up from Tucson.

Probably my main selling point is... What is the water temp and will the boaters be out in full force!!!! :twisted:
Giddy up lets go

AZBarbeque will be there. This is going to be a great kick off to the 2010 AZBarbeque Triple Crown Series. Whoever wins or does well at this event will sure have a leg up.

Finishing the 2009 year with 2 National KCBS Contests that determined the overall KCBS ToY and starting off the 2010 year with an event of this magnitude is awesome.

BBQ here in AZ is really starting to take off.

2010 is going to be a great year.

Make sure you all stop by the AZBarbeque booth and say, "Hello".

Hope to see many of you at our Midnight Appetizer Event on Friday and our Club Social on Thursday night at the local brewery up there.

Man, I might be able to head to AZ anyway. I'm not going to try and figure out the logistics of competing... So if anyone needs a dishwasher, I 'might' be able to be talked in to driving up from Tucson.

Probably my main selling point is... What is the water temp and will the boaters be out in full force!!!! :twisted:

Scottie, you don't wanna miss this one!

The team count is now up to 74 paid teams from 14 different States! In addition to the usual supsects AZ, CA, NV, NM, there are teams from Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Iowa!

If you are arriving on Thursday, we are having a couple whiskey toasts at our team RV starting at 6 PM, followed by a Meet and Greet at the Barley Brothers Brewery at 7 PM. They will be offering Beer and food specials to all of the BBQ teams until close.

Later that night we have more fun activities in store, so be sure to find our Team RV - Major Woody's, for our free "Drink til it's Dry" event. We have several bottles of Whiskey and 2 kegs of beer that have been donated by our Team Sponsors, so come help yourself and make some new friends!

Also, at midnight we will have a "Who's your Fatty" contest. Bring your best pre-formed Fatty and throw it on our smoker. When they are all done (Midnight) we will line them up for a People's Choice. Prizes will be given to the top fatty in the land!

We are also doing a crawfish boil at midnight - so gather around the table and start pickin! Major Woody's Team RV will be the site for getting your head-sucking groove on! Not that adventurous? Just eat the tail, you'll think you are eatin Laaabstah! An experience you won't soon forget!

Rumor has it that Judy will be there, aaannnddd there might even be some skinnydipping going on...can't confirm that at this time...water temp is running 54 degrees at the moment!
shocked.gif
<insert Seinfeld's "shrinkage" episode here>.........

Hopefully we will see you out here, buddy. The weather is supposed to be great, mid 70's during the day and 50s at night.

If anyone else is coming out, be sure to come by and say hi, just ask for Dean, aka Desertdog at the Major Woody's BBQ site!

One week away!

Actually, a lot of lucky teams are arriving Thursday to do some early socializing. This is going ot be a fun one.

Hey All,

A quick update about Thursday Night.

The "Who's Your Fatty" Competition is open to everybody. We WILL have a large Smoker set up at our Site, so bring you best fatty to our site a couple hours ahead of Midnight (around 10 pm for those of you who have trouble with math). The smoker will be sitting at 230-250, so you won't have to fire up your own smoker to do your fatty, just bring it to us and then hang out for the "Drink till it's Dry" Event!

We really encourage everyone to participate, as this is a feast as much as it is a contest. If you have anything else you would like to throw on the smoker (ABTs, Moinkballs, Armadillo Eggs, Standing Rib Roast!
wink.gif
)for midnight, feel free to bring that as well. Our fire is your fire.....

Looks like the Crawfish boil might turn into a shrimp boil. Having trouble with getting live crawfish, apparently they are a controlled substance in the state of Arizona......who knew? It is all good, and fun and merry making will rein supreme Thursday night anyway, so git on up to the Lake early and let's have a gooood Time!

I can't wait to see the carnage when I pull in Friday..Empty Whiskey Bottles, kegs floating, shrimp shells and who knows where Judy will end up..

Thursday night sounds pretty scary for this event. We sure are glad we roll in on Friday.

The Calcutta sounds like a pretty sweet addition.

Back